|blank cell||Mauser C96 M1932 Pistol|
|RATE OF FIRE||2/20 per round|
|MAGAZINE CAPACITY||10/20 rounds|
|BASE RANGE||20 yards|
|COMBAT USE: Germany, China|
|NOTE: With wooden holster/stock attached and on semiautomatic, use Rifle skill for attacks.|
The Mauser C96 M1896 "Broomhandle" was one of the world's first automatic pistols. The C96 had been standard issue for German troops during the First World War, common among troops of both sides during the Russian Civil War, and was still in service with police and rear-echelon troops. While Mauser-Werke continuously improved upon the basic C96 design, adding refinements such as improved safeties and detachable magazines, copies were made in Spain that could fire fully-automatic, turning the C96 into a true machine pistol. These Spanish Mausers proved very popular on the Chinese market, so Mauser-Were followed suit and produced an official model, the C96 M1930 Schnellfeuerpistole. In 1932 a new model was introduced, which employed an improved mechanism, the M1932.
The C96 machine pistols were manufactured in 7.63mm Mauser, 7.65mm Luger, and 9mm Parabellum, and a few Spanish-made models were made in .45 ACP. Unlike the original M1896 which was fed by stripper clips, the C96 machine pistols used 10- or 20-round detachable magazines, and came with a detachable wooden shoulder stock (shown above fitted to the pistol) which could be used as holster. Though difficult to fire with any accuracy, these C96 machine pistols became widespread among the the various factions fighting in China (and would not be an unusual weapon to be toted by Black Dragon Society gunmen).
In 1938, the M1932 in 7.63mm Mauser was adopted by the Waffen-SS, and issued to their military police and other special units until 1943. The Luftwaffe also bought a few thousand for ground security, and, before the war, the Mauser-made C96 machine pistols were marketed in the US as the Model 712.